Monday, October 12, 2009

The Quiet

I love the peacefulness of my home today. My son is sitting on the couch next to me working on school. He likes to tap, drum, etc as he works...he says it helps him think. But today, even he is quiet. Hope he's thinking!  My husband, Darrell, had some errands to run and other than my keyboard clicking, there's not much noise. We live next to Darrell's family and a few minutes ago, I heard Aunt Edna calling out to someone. My dog barked once about a half hour ago...probably some small sound noise disturbed his sleep. Occasionally a car goes by. But really, it's just peaceful. Praise God for peace. Praise Him for the times when my mind isn't racing with the million item list and my phone isn't ringing demandingly. Praise Him for the fact that televisions have an "off" button and children sometimes slow down long enough to enjoy the peace with you! Praise God for sending the Prince of Peace, our Lord and Savior. May your day be filled with the peace and beauty of Christ. 

You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, telling the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.
Acts 10:36

1 comment:

  1. Beth this is lovely. The shalom of God is truly amazing. My son loves to tap and beat on everything and anything too. :)

    Thanks for commenting on my post. Let' see what kind of book we shall one day write my friend. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Big Charlotte Mason fan? So are we!